If you are an adventurer, an explorer, a traveller or a high flying businessperson, then the Diners Club credit card is a good no cash option to cover your costs on the spot no matter where you are.
What is the Diners Club?
The Diners Club is a company that was established in the early 1950s by Frank McNamara and Ralph Schneider. The club provides a credit service with a number of different charge cards. The cards are accepted in several hundred countries and by several million businesses around the world. The Diners Club credit card was the first ever charge card and although there are now many like it, it is still the most well known, most trusted and most widely accepted.
What are the benefits of a Diners Club card?
If you are planning on travelling beyond your country, or if your work obliges you to do so, transferring money and exchanging currency can be difficult, tedious and stressful. It is, however, generally essential to have money with you, and carrying a small amount of exchanged cash might not be enough. If you are there for business you may have to pay for business dinners and other entertainment, not to mention spending money and a bit extra in case of an emergency. Having a charge card that will be accepted almost everywhere in the countries you are visiting as well as the country you live in is highly convenient and time saving.
Some of the other benefits of a Diners Club card include:
- The Diners Club is a well known business with a good reputation. You can use their cards safe in the knowledge that your transactions will be secure as well as convenient. The club complies with BEE regulations and abides by the Code of Banking Practice, which offers protection to Diners Club members.
- There are a myriad of different card options and you can choose a card that suits your needs with fees and charges that you can afford.
- Each card carries its own perks and benefits, for example airport lounge access, travel insurance, lost card protection and ATM cash withdrawals with a very high limit.
- As the Diners Club promotes quality of living and travelling, choosing certain cards will allow you automatic membership to the Diners Club Wine Society and Connoisseur’s Club.
- There are many air travel benefits to having a Diners Club card including frequent flyer programmes and much more.
- The Diners Club also offers many promotions, reward programmes and exclusive offers to its card holders.
- There are many Diners Club events happening throughout the year. The Diners Club Wine List Awards and Gold Pro-Ams are just two of the many affairs planned.
- If you had a Diners Club card, you could also receive special rates from hotels, restaurants and car rental companies on top of everything else.
What the Diners Club can offer you
According to the Diners Club website they have several different products on offer which include:
- Platinum card
- Corporate card
- Travelink card
- Courier Card
- Aviation Services Card
- Travel Lodged Account
- Travel Services
- Merchant Services
The Diners Club website
The Diners Club website offers information on all different options, events, news, special deals and services. You can manage your accounts and do your travel planning online at any time of day or night. While this process is incredibly efficient and time saving, you may want to contact one of the Diners Club staff via telephone or arrange a meeting to set your mind at ease. If you do choose to go with the Diners Club, you can apply online and your card will be delivered directly to you.
There is likely to be a Diners Club credit card that will suit your needs, whether business or personal, and make your travel experiences much more pleasant, and much less difficult.